The 3,520-acre Swatara State Park provides 18.2 miles of hiking trails for all skill levels including the Swatara Rail Trail, the Appalachian Trail, and local favorite Bear Hole Trail. The greatest treasure along the 4.8 mile Bear Hole Trail is the Bordner Cabin and Acrigg’s Waterfall. Discover the story about the cabin and watch the falls right outside.
Best Known For
- Due to the park’s immense trail network, it is one of the most popular destinations for hikers, bikers, and other outdoor enthusiasts. There are also several access points to Swatara Creek for those interested in canoeing, kayaking, or fishing. In addition to the famous Appalachian Trail, the park is home to the Swatara Rail Trail, Bordner’s Cabin Trail, and more.
What Locals Love About It.
- “This trail was a surprise! We wanted an easier trail today and were excited to view the cabin. We didn’t expect to see the beautiful waterfall behind the cabin! We had fun exploring the cabin and climbing up the rocks of the waterfall. We will definitely be back to do this trail again!” Terri and Jason via alltrails.com
You Might Also Like
- Snow Geese Migration: A Local Phenomenon
- So We Never Forget
- Summer in the Lebanon Valley – Part 1
- Sustainability in Lebanon Valley Parks, Trails, and Waterways
- 7 Things to Do This Winter in the Lebanon Valley