The 3,520-acre Swatara State Park provides 18.2 miles of hiking trails for all skill levels including the Swatara Rail Trail, the Appalachian Trail, and local favorite Bear Hole Trail. The greatest treasure along the 4.8 mile Bear Hole Trail is the Bordner Cabin and Aycrigg’s Waterfall. Discover the story about the cabin and watch the falls right outside.
Best Known For
Swatara is great ride to introduce someone to the joys of singletrack. Well designed contour trails with log and root obstacles, the network is a text book stacked loop system so you can bite off as much or as little as you want. – mtbproject
What Locals Love About It.
- “A great combination of both easy scenic double track with easy hills along the creek and a swooping fun single track section with fun tight well designed loops -all in one park! Bridges, historical ruins, fossil pit, water falls. My husband runs & I bike.” – HHM via tripadvisor.com
You Might Also Like
- So We Never Forget
- Summer in the Lebanon Valley
- Lebanon Valley Spring Bucket List
- Sustainability in Lebanon Valley Parks, Trails, and Waterways
- 7 Things to Do This Winter in the Lebanon Valley
Swatara State Park
1450 Suedberg Road
Pine Grove, PA 17963