Perched atop the ridge, Second Mountain Hawk Watch overlooks Fort Indiantown Gap and Stony Valley. Its location lies in the path of hawks migrating from August through December. A variety of raptors can be seen from Second Mountain Hawk Watch, including harriers and golden eagles.
Best Known For
Second Mountain Hawk Watch is a favorite spot for birders. Hawk Watch offers a great vantage point to see Fort Indiantown Gap and overlook Stony Valley and the mountains beyond. In the path of migratory hawks for a quarter of the year, the bird count at Hawk Watch is maintained by Second Mountain Hawk Watch.
You Might Also Like
- Sustainability in Lebanon Valley Parks, Trails, and Waterways
- It’s Time to Get Outside!
- 7 Things to Do This Winter in the Lebanon Valley
- An Experience Ripe for the Picking: Your Guide to Apple Picking in Lebanon Valley
- Outdoor Activities for the Family in Lebanon Valley