It’s no secret that Lebanon Valley has an authentic variety of food to offer. Before I went to college, I thought that everyone knew what Opera Fudge and Lebanon Bologna were. The community members of this valley craft original flavors that stem from Lebanon’s diverse backgrounds and rich history.
There is something for everyone’s taste buds to enjoy. Of course, the best place for one to experience all of these flavors is the Lebanon Farmers Market. I have just started interning at Visit Lebanon Valley for the summer whose office conveniently sits in the corner of the market. It’s not hard to find myself wandering over to the market for lunch. However, what amazes me the most is that every day I find something new to snack on.
Believe me when I say, you could spend hours sampling everything the market offers and you will never be disappointed. With that being said, here are my Top 5 “Must Haves” from the Market:
- The original Chili Dog: You can’t leave the market without enjoying the homemade chili piled high on top of this hotdog, with a side of fresh cut fries. In my opinion, it’s a staple food for a visit to the market.
- Siros Italian Ice: This new stand takes you back to the 50’s with its barstools and checkered counter tops, just perfect for sharing a milkshake or taking a break from the heat to enjoy a cup of Italian ice.
- ReFresh Café: This stand has any flavor smoothie you can imagine, and if you don’t like any of their flavors feel free to come up with your own flavor!
- Zigg’s Bakery: There are so many baked goods from Zigg’s to enjoy, but my personal favorite are the coconut chocolate chip and blueberry scones.
- Weavers: Cran-grape chicken salad is made fresh for summer and pairs great on a warm croissant you can find right next door at Zigg’s Bakery.
Stop by the Lebanon Farmers Market Thursday-Saturday to enjoy a local taste you simply won’t find anywhere else.